Sunday, January 11, 2015

I Couldn't Even Say 'Hi' By Jordan Davis

I Couldn’t Even Say ‘Hi’
By Jordan Davis

In sixth grade I really liked you.
No, like, really really liked you.
When you weren't around, I
would gossip with my friends
about how cute you were.
I couldn't even say ‘hi’.

In seventh grade I still liked you.
No, like, really really liked you.
I would stare at you during history class
until you looked; I would smile at you
when you looked back.

There were times I could have said ‘hey’,
but my words were stuck on my tongue.
On the last day of seventh grade, I gave you
12 love letters with butterflies fluttering
in the background. When you took my letters,
your cheeks were blushing
my heart was thumping
I couldn't even say ‘hi’.

Today I still think of you; where are you now?
I don’t know if you actually had feelings for me - I
really did like you.
I’m more mature now, but,

I’m not sure if I could even say ‘hi’.

No comments:

Post a Comment